Made From Recycled is a venue where you can purchase unique goods directly from sellers around the world. Whether you are looking for handmade or vintage goods or craft supplies, we want you to have a positive experience shopping on Made From Recycled. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a buyer.
1. Understanding Made From Recycled’s Limitations as a Venue
Made From Recycled provides a venue for buyers to discover and purchase from sellers around the world. It is important to note that Made From Recycled is not a part of that transaction. By shopping on Made From Recycled, you understand that:
- You are not buying directly from Made From Recycled, but from one of the many talented sellers on Made From Recycled;
- Made From Recycled does not pre-screen sellers and therefore does not guarantee or endorse any items sold on Made From Recycled or any content posted by sellers (such as photographs or language used in listings or shop policies); and
- Each seller on Made From Recycled has their own processing times, shipping methods, and shop policies.
As a member of the community, you have the opportunity to flag an item or a shop that violates any of Made From Recycled’s policies. Flagging is confidential.
2. Communicating with Other Made From Recycled Members
You can use Made From Recycled’s Conversations (“Convos”) tool to communicate directly with sellers or other Made From Recycled members. Convos are a great way to ask sellers any questions you have about an item or an order. Convos may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or otherwise violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Made From Recycled. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Made From Recycled Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as ‘click fraud’.
Any use of Made From Recycled Conversations to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Convo that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
3. Purchasing an Item on Made From Recycled
When you buy from a shop on Made From Recycled, you’re directly supporting an independent business, each with its unique listings, policies, processing times and payment systems. By making a purchase from a seller on Made From Recycled, you agree that you have:
- Read the item description and shop policies before making a purchase;
- Submitted appropriate payment for item(s) purchased; and
- Provided accurate shipping information to the seller.
You also agree to comply with our Made From Recycled Payments Policy when you use Made From Recycled Payments, and our Gift Cards & Made From Recycled Credits Policy when you purchase or redeem Made From Recycled Gift Cards or Made From Recycled Credits.
4. Leaving a Review of an Item
Reviews are a great way to learn about a seller’s items, help good sellers build a strong reputation, or help warn other buyers about a poor experience.
You can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of your purchase, for 100 days after your item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. You can edit your review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period. Your review and/or photograph and profile information will be publicly displayed on the seller’s listing and review pages.
By leaving a review or photograph, you acknowledge that your content may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Made From Recycled, or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
By uploading a photograph to one of Made From Recycled’s websites or Made From Recycled’s mobile app, you warrant that:
- You own the photograph or you have the rights or permission to use the photograph; and
5. Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning an Item
Made From Recycled’s Case System
Although Made From Recycled is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we provide a case system in the unlikely event that your order does not go as expected. By using Made From Recycled’s case system, you understand that Made From Recycled may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. You can use Made From Recycled’s case system to come to a resolution with the seller in the event of a non-delivery or if an item you receive is not as described in the listing.
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Made From Recycled.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from the seller’s listing description or photos. Here are a few examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Conversations.
If Made From Recycled determines that an item is not as described, the seller will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping. In the event that Made From Recycled needs to refund the return shipping cost on behalf of the seller, that refund may come in the form of an Made From Recycled Credit.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Made From Recycled’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by shipping carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Made From Recycled, including services and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Made From Recycled’s checkout system.
Requesting a Cancellation
Only sellers may cancel transactions. Buyers may request that a seller cancel an order via Made From Recycled Conversations. Note that all cancellations must comply with our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
Returning an Item
Each seller has his or her own return policies, which should be outlined in their Shop Policies. Not all sellers accept returns. If you reside in the European Union, you may be entitled to a 14-day “cooling off period,” or a “right of withdrawal,” during which you may return an item for any reason.