Madefromrecycled.com is a marketplace where you can sell your goods made from recycled and upcycled materials as well as eco friendly products, and craft supplies directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Made From Recycled. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
- What Can be Sold on Made From Recycled
- What Can’t be Sold on Made From Recycled
- Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
- Communicating with Other Made From Recycled Members and Privacy
- Creating and Uploading Content
- Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
- Providing Great Customer Service
- Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns and Exchanges
1. What Can be Sold on MadeFromRecycled.com
Made From Recycled is a unique marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase recycled and upcycled items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Made From Recycled must be Recycled, Upcycled or from Sustainable supply.
If you sell recycled, upcycled or eco items, you agree that:
- All recycled items are made or designed by you with recycled materials. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You accurately describe every recycled material involved in the making of an item.
- You are using your own photographs – not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling personalised or made-to-order items in the recycled and upcycled category, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customisation (like colour choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
We encourage you to be transparent about how your craft supplies were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled. You can also select the location of manufacture.
2. What Can’t be Sold on Made From Recycled
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Made From Recycled.
Reselling is not allowed in the handmade category on Made From Recycled. Reselling refers to listing an item as handmade when you were not involved in designing or making that item.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Made From Recycled’s review. Made From Recycled may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Made From Recycled may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Made From Recycled statement. You can find more information in our Fees & Payments Policy.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent. Please see this Help article for more information about donating any portion of your sales to charity.
3. Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
At Made From Recycled, we value transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items and your business.
By selling on Made From Recycled, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About section.
- Honour your Shop Policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Made From Recycled.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops for the purpose of manipulating search.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
4. Communicating with Other MadeFromRecycled.com Members and Privacy
You can use Made From Recycled Conversations (“Convos”) to communicate directly with your buyers or other Made From Recycled members. Conversations are a great way for buyers to ask you questions about an item or an order.
Conversations may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member or violating our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Made From Recycled. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Made From Recycled Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Maliciously clicking on a competitor’s Promoted Listings ads in order to drain that member’s advertising budget, also known as ‘click fraud’.
Any use of Made From Recycled Conversations to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, Conversations may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Convo that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
5. Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Made From Recycled, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, Convos, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
6. Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Made From Recycled. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph of their purchase, within 100 days after their item’s estimated delivery date. If an estimated delivery date is not available, the review window opens after the order’s processing time and shipping time have elapsed. Buyers can edit their review, including the photograph, any number of times during that 100 day period.
On the rare occasion you receive an unfavourable review, you can reach out to the buyer or, if the review is less than 3 stars, leave a response.
Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Made From Recycled or a third party;
- Contain threats or extortion;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
7. Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on Made From Recycled, you agree to:
- Honour your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. Read more in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to Conversations in a timely manner.
- Honour the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Dispute Resolution team can help through our case system. Read about your rights and responsibilities regarding cases here.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards.
8. Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Made From Recycled Conversations and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
European Union Right of Withdrawal
Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day “right of withdrawal” after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal does not apply to custom items or certain perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state. Read more about the EU Right of Withdrawal in this Help article.
Madefromrecycled.com Case System
We ask buyers to contact sellers directly and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Made From Recycled. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to Conversations from your buyers.
Buyers may file a case for a non-delivery or a not-as-described item. You must respond to any open cases within three days or the time frame noted by Made From Recycled in the case. Made From Recycled may request your assistance in resolving a case opened against your shop. Made From Recycled reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
By using Made From Recycled’s case system, you understand that Made From Recycled may use your personal information for the purpose of resolving disputes with other members. Cases can be filed in the following circumstances:
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item. The following are examples of non-delivery cases:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was not sent to the address provided on Made From Recycled.
Not as Described
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate that it is significantly different from your listing description or your photos. The following are examples of not as described cases:
- The item received is a different colour, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The seller failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The seller did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Conversations.
If Made From Recycled determines that an item is not as described, you will be required to refund the order, including original shipping and return shipping.
Some disputes don’t qualify for Made From Recycled’s case system. These include:
- Items that are damaged by the delivery carrier (if properly packaged by the seller).
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer’s expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.
- Items prohibited from sale on Made From Recycled, including services and intangible goods.
- Transactions where payment is not made via Made From Recycled’s checkout system.
When a dispute is ineligible for our case system, we encourage both parties to work together to come to an amicable solution.